Friday, May 15, 2015

Recipe disaster and learning faster

 Recipe disaster and learning faster



Besides trying out new recipes, I’ve been busy preparing for all my November craft shows. I got some awesome new holiday fabric to make double-sided (reversible) bandanas, and I’ve been messing around with new ideas for cat toys made from felt. I’m really excited to see what the reaction is this weekend at the Blissfield Yuletide Craft Show (come visit!). I’m also making Thanksgiving and Christmas themed treats that are SUPER cute. They include autumn leaves, turkeys, pumpkins, acorns, Christmas trees, and gingerbread men. I’ll be posting pictures of them soon. :) Oh, and let’s not forget about the cannolis! Adorable.at making soft dog treats = FAIL. Some online sites recommend using beef flavored baby food to make softer treats, so I figured what the heck…I’ll give it a try. First of all, I have never shopped for baby food before. I never knew there were so many different flavors! Most of the food that I saw in our local grocery store was made with either fruit or vegetables so finding the beef flavor was tougher than I thought it would be! Finally I saw beef & gravy so I bought 6 jars and got to work. 

Long story, short…my treats turned into a big sloppy mess! They were way too soft, and I couldn’t manipulate the shape like I wanted to. They ended up having an oatmeal cookie consistency, but fell apart easily and probably would need to be refrigerated to stay fresh for any given amount of time. The taste was decent enough for  how to start a dog walking business.Tucker though. If nothing else, at least he appreciated my efforts. Better luck next time!

The past couple weeks have been hectic with baking, sewing, and crafting, but I try to take at least 30 minutes out of my day to go outside and play with my energetic Boxer, Rocky. She is usually slow to get up in the morning, but once it hits noon she gets a gigantic burst of energy that can get her into trouble if I don’t tire her out. We’ve been working really hard on catching the frisbee mid-air. She’s learning very quickly! Her timing could use some how to start a dog walking business work, but I have to give her credit for running across the yard as fast as she can and then jumping 5 feet in the air to make the catch. I’m sure her aspiration is to be like Zeke at MSU! We’ll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment